LionGold has held sustainability as a core value since the inception of our Australian mining operations in 2010.
Our approach to sustainability is based on the following principles:
• Implementing and maintaining ethical business practices and sound systems of corporate governance
• Integrating sustainable development considerations into the decision-making process
• Upholding fundamental human rights and respecting cultures, customs and values in dealings with employees and others who are affected by our activities
• Continually improving our health and safety, environmental and community relations performance
• Implementing and maintaining effective and transparent engagement, communication and reporting arrangements with our stakeholders.
LionGold has published its annual Sustainability Report pursuant to, and in compliance with, Rules 711A and 711B of the Listing Manual Section B: Rules of Catalist of the SGX-ST as well as the SGX-ST Sustainability Reporting Guide. The Board commissioned a materiality assessment of Economic, Environment, Social and Governance factors that are of the highest importance to LionGold and its stakeholders. The report explains how the EESG factors were determined and how the Board manages these factors.
The report, which has been prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards Core Option, covers the financial year ended 30 June 2020 and should be read together with the LionGold 2020 Annual Report.